Technical Service Desk – L1
Qualification: Any Graduate
Exp: 1- 3 years
Technical Support to HCL’s business clients. He / She will be responsible to provide 100 % voice suppor t to the clients and provide technical resolution. Incumbent should open for 24X7 operations.
-Provide hardware / software / network problem diagnosis / resolution via telephone/email/chat for customer’s end users
-Route problems to internal 2nd and 3rd level IT support staff.
-Coordinate and manage relationships with vendors and support staff that provide hardware / software / network problem resolution.
-Administer and provide User account provisioning.
-Use the Incident Management System to document and manage problems and work requests and their respective resolutions and circumvention’s.
-Responds to telephone calls, email, instant messages, and assigned tickets from users; Assign work orders / incidents to appropriate support teams and follow up until closure.
-Respond to, and diagnose, problems through discussions with users, including problem recognition, logs, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps; Provide level 1 remote desktop support and perform other activities based on SOPs
-Perform user account management activities
-Escalate complex problem to appropriate support specialists
-Responsible for activities relating to the evaluation, analysis, and setup of PC-based software products (e.g., word processors, spreadsheets, presentation graphics, database management systems, electronic mail, and communications)
-Troubleshoot client software and basic network connectivity problems
-Identify, evaluate and prioritize customer problems and complaints
-May train users and operators on a limited basis and/or may write training procedures
-Participate in on-going training and departmental development
-Routine maintenance updates with other IT staff and business units
-Provide all required documentation including standards, configurations and diagrams
-Provide knowledge transfer of EUC operations
· Phone support experience necessary.
· Technical helpdesk or technical call center experience is necessary.
· Disciplined, systematic problem solving skills required.
· Hands-on work experience with the following:
· Windows Operating systems
· Clients: Windows7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000
· Servers: Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 2008,
· Knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange 2003/2007
· ITSM ticketing tools such as Remedy, HP Service Center, Peregrine Service Center
· User account creation for Active Directory, Exchange Mailboxes, Distribution lists
· Remote desktop connectivity applications like SMS, Bomgar, WebEx, Live Meeting, and Windows Native tools
· MS Office Suite (XP, 2003, 2007): MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Outlook, MS Project, and MS Visio
· Internet browsers (e.g. Explorer, Chrome, Firefox),
· VPN and remote dial-in users
· Support for laptop, desktops, and printers
· PDA and blackberry support
· Others: Adobe Acrobat and other common desktop applications like Winzip, etc
- Excellent communication and conversation skills (Verbal and Written)
- Good documentation skills
- Good working knowledge of MS OFFICE (Including MS Project and Visio)
- Should have a great customer handling skills
- Able to handle unforeseen situations
- High level of acceptance
- Can drive HCL’s value and its methodology
Work Location: Noida / Gurgaon
Company Name: HCL COMNET LTD
Walk-in Date: 4th August 2012
Time: 10:30am to 03:00pm
HCL COMNET LTD
A-37, Noida Sector - 16, Noida
Landmark – Behind McDonalds